Hasslein Blog: If You Prick Me, Do I Not Bleed Cool?

REFERENCE GUIDES BY GEEKS, FOR GEEKS

Hasslein Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

If You Prick Me, Do I Not Bleed Cool?

by Rich Handley

I've been doing a lot of work lately for Avatar Press' Bleeding Cool Magazine, and it's been a fun gig that looks to be growing into something long-term. So far, I've written articles about the history of Star Wars comic books and a comparison of Battlestar Galactica and Firefly for issue #3, a piece offering back-issue collecting tips for the Free Comic Book Day special issue, and a retrospective about 40 years of Swamp Thing for an upcoming issue.


My next piece will examine how the cosplaying industry has helped bring the comic genre out of the geeky shadows and into the mainstream, for which I'll be interviewing a number of great cosplayers. I don't know which issues will carry the Swamp Thing and cosplaying stories, but I'll post info when I have it, for those interested. Stay tuned.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home