Hasslein Blog: Putting the "Ass" in "Hasslein Books"

REFERENCE GUIDES BY GEEKS, FOR GEEKS

Hasslein Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Putting the "Ass" in "Hasslein Books"


A reader named JuliaApes2009 offered a followup comment to one of yesterday's posts (click here), noting, "i love pota and got the book [Timeline of the Planet of the Apes] as a gift when it first came out. i didn't even know about it my mom found it. i took the cover art and brought it to my tattoo guy. its my first one on my ass lol!!!--Jules"

Here's Julie's tattoo:


And here's the book's cover, from which this mASSterpiece originated:


Thanks for your cheeky enthusiasm, Julie... and for the view! I just hope we haven't been the butt of a joke here. What do our readers think? Photoshop or actual tattoo? (Wiseass cracks welcome.)


UPDATED: It turns out that the person who put the "ass" in "Hasslein Books" was, in fact, our very own Web designer, Steve Cafarelli, who punked us by posting a Photoshopped picture of an ape-enhanced woman's bottom, posing as the owner of said derriere. Unfortunately, I fell for it. But on the positive side, people took notice and visited the site. I guess an exposed female rear end will tend to do that.

Good job, Steve. Nicely played.

Jerk.



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At September 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Anonymous Paul G. said...

As the resident artist and photoshop expert, I'm naturally skeptical about images like this. I think it may be an early (or late) April Fool's joke. Still, I wouldn't mind getting my damned dirty paws all over it.... =)

 
At September 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM , Anonymous Paul G. said...

Still... would have been better if she used this: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8177/8023342804_bb6f913a5b_n.jpg

 
At September 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Steve said...

I vote Photoshop, too.

 
At September 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Hasslein Books said...

Either way, real or fake, it's hilariASS.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home