Hasslein Blog: Sculpting the Planet of the Apes, Part One

REFERENCE GUIDES BY GEEKS, FOR GEEKS

Hasslein Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sculpting the Planet of the Apes, Part One

Posted by Rich Handley

Avid Planet of the Apes fan Michael Kostka has been sculpting custom Planet of the Apes figures since early 2012, when he decided to try his hand at it after seeing some of Jessica Rotich's brilliant work at the SideShowFreaks forums.

"It turned out pretty okay," he says, adding, "I sculpted a random chimpanzee from a drawing, which got me excited. Then I kept doing it and I seemed to be progressing. I made a ton of apes that year and last year. This year had been slower for me when it comes to that, but I'll be getting back into it once the summer winds down."

The Hasslein Blog is pleased to be able to showcase some of Michael's work, beginning with a selection of figures custom-made based on BOOM! Studios' comic book line; he sent along with some comic panel comparison shots as well. Stay tuned for more to come.

 
































Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2016 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic.
These Apes are beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home